The Athens Chamber of Commerce is here to support membership by enhancing the quality of life, promoting businesses and improving the economic development within our community.
The Athens Chamber of Commerce adheres to our mission by offering a variety of programs and events to benefit our membership as a whole. The following are a list of programs and events you can take advantage of as a member of The Athens Chamber of Commerce:
- Bulk Mail Permit – As a Chamber Members, you will receive the Chamber’s discounted bulk-mail rate.
- Business After Hours – Each month a Chamber Members hosts a “Business After Hours,” which is an excellent opportunity to meet other Chamber Members in a relaxed social atmosphere.
- Conference Room Use – The Chamber is proud to assist members with free use of our conference room on a space available basis.
- Grand Openings, Ground Breakings and Ribbon Cuttings – Enjoy visibility of a ribbon cutting ceremony with Ambassadors, Board Members and Community VIP’s. The Chamber provides free newsletter coverage, including photos, of these events.
- Membership Directory - As a Chamber Member, businesses will be listed in the annual membership directory both alphabetically and categorically with over 4500 printed and distributed to local retail businesses, hospitals and hotels.
- Membership Plaque – Members receive a distinctive plaque, updated annually, to display at their place of business.
- Monthly Luncheons – Members are invited to attend a monthly general meeting with informative speakers and networking opportunities with other local businesses, organizations and chamber staff. Business will have an opportunity to be named ‘Business Of The Month’ at each luncheon.
- Chamber Chat - A weekly newsletter delivered through the Athens Review to all subscribers.
- Programs: Opportunity to participate in annual programs, including the Farm and Ranch Tour, PRCA Stampede Rodeo and other opportunities.
- Promotional Opportunities – as a member, you are given opportunities to promote your business in a variety of ways, including Rodeo Packages and New Teacher Bags.
- Referrals – The Athens Chamber of Commerce receives requests each day for recommendations on goods and services. We refer only chamber members to newcomers, visitors, callers and area residents by using our membership director.
- Sponsorships – Marketing and advertising your business can be one of your greatest expenses. By joining the Chamber, you will have access to creative and effective promotional opportunities.
- Website Listings – Chamber Members are listed on the Athens Chamber of Commerce Website in categorical and alphabetical order. Additionally, as a Chamber Member you can list your upcoming events on the Chamber Website and have your own business mini web page to post “specials” job postings and events.